All employers have a legal duty to make arrangements so that their staff receive immediate care if they are taken ill or injured at work by providing appropriate First Aid cover should an incident occur.
- The nature of your work and how hazardous it is.
- The nature of your workforce, i.e if you have staff with pre-known medical conditions.
- The size of your organisation.
- The needs of traveling, lone or remote workers (special conditions apply for lone workers).
Further information can be found at: https://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/needs-assessment.htm
Yes. Below is a rough guide to the level of provision you will need. This is based upon an assessment of the relevant risks and number of employees.
Removal of the HSE Approval System On 1st October 2013 the HSE ceased to guarantee that any particular company is ‘Approved’ to deliver First Aid Training and from now on the responsibility for ensuring that workplace First Aid training is of an acceptable standard will fall upon the employer. This means employers will require to use some amount of due diligence to ensure training meets the required standard.
As the employer you therefore have 2 options:
1. From October 2013, training providers will not be able to display a HSE approval number on their certificates and the only way to guarantee that the training meets the standards still set by the HSE, is for the certificate to include the OFQUAL logo.
2. As the employer, you undertake some due diligence checks to ensure that the training you receive will meet the required standards set by HSE by employing qualified training providers.
With LWS Training Services though you will not have to undertake much due diligence checks as we are a qualified training provider accredited through a leading Awarding Organisation in NUCO Training who are OFQUAL approved and carry out training in compliance with First Aid Awards (FAA).
NUCO carry out the appropriate monitoring checks on NUCO qualified trainers to ensure a high quality of teaching is maintained and updated when legislation changes.
What’s the difference then?
- Nothing really. NUCO certificates carry the OFQUAL logo. as well as the First Aid Awards (FAA) and show the QCF award code.
Will the course content be any different?
- No. The course content will remain exactly the same although the assessment procedure is slightly different. There is no longer a requirement for external assessors to examine the candidate.
Has the cost gone up?
No. Costs are competitive and some courses have actually gone down in price.
cation-lws-training-services/”> Read more about us.