The Manual Handling Awareness course introduces delegates to the hazards and risks involved in manual handling. It will equip delegates with the ability to develop safer manual handling techniques in the workplace, which will contribute to the reduction of accidents and injuries and benefit both employers and employees. This course can be tailored to meet the needs of your particular workplace and is is aimed at all employees.
We recommend that employers should consider safer manual handling as part of induction training for all new employees.
This course includes:
- Introduction to manual handling awareness,
- Legislation and guidance (employers, employees and self-employed)
- Manual handling hazards (causing injury & harm)
- Principles of safe lifting / handling
- Risk assessment
- Lifting / handling techniques (including pushing & pulling)
- Practical activity
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance, which is valid for 3 years.
LWS Training Services is a provider of First Aid CPR certification classes and Health & Safety courses across the Midlands.